Monday, August 24, 2009

Surfing Hurricane Bill at Long Beach, NY

Thanks to the effects of Hurricane Bill, Long Beach surfers were blessed with a weekend of big wave riding.
The waves were about six to eight feet on average...
...and they definitely had some force behind them. I knew my limits as a novice surfer and decided against paddling out.

Arbor Boy caught a few sweet waves.


The big waves brought out some of the best surfers I've seen there all summer.


Everybody wanted to surf Hurricane Bill....


...everybody.


This guy called in sick to work so he could keep on surfing.

Although I was bummed that I didn't get to surf today, ultimately it was probably the best choice and I think I saved myself from a good deal of wave pummeling.
But next time, I'm in. These waves were just too pretty.

Below is a clip of Arbor boy surfing

video


Click on photos to enlarge. Enjoy.

No comments: