Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday afternoon

It's time for me to get away from the political insanity swirling around us and post something a little more mellow, something more apropos of a lazy saturday afternoon. I revisited itunes after placing a self-imposed moratorium on music buying for the past couple of months. Needless to say, I did a little damage but it was money well spent. As I type this, John Mayer's Continuum is grooving in the background, it's a perfect soundtrack for the day.


I also went searching for some old school hip-hop/rap and came away with A Tribe Called Quest's The Low End Theory. This is a great album from start to finish.


I rounded out my shopping spree with few random single purchases and now I've reinstated the music buying moratorium before I go broke.

______________________________________________



Arbor Boy started his new job in Central Park recently so I made my way to 103rd and 5th a few weeks ago to see where he's been spending his days. Three gorgeous gardens tucked away in the north east corner of Central Park along museum mile. I brought my new camera with me.


I highly recommend a visit to the Central Park Conservancy for those of you in NYC. The mums will be blooming soon, they're sure to be beautiful.


Tomorrow we're driving north of the city to check out some fall color, meet up with friends for some hiking or apple picking and just get away from the concrete jungle. I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: