Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, CoverGod?


On my way home from work today on the subway, I was reading over a woman's shoulder (yes, I do that. Annoying, isn't it?). She was reading Glamour magazine so I could mostly see the pictures and a few headlines. She flipped to a topic that read, "7 Things In God's Makeup Bag". Now, let me pause to say that, although I went to church religiously (no pun intended) as a kid, I would probably call myself an agnostic. I believe that there quite possibly could be a god, but I tend to believe more scientific explanations for life and creation, etc, etc.

But I digress.

Why does God need makeup? God doesn't seem to show his (or her) face in public much and, if he...she... did, wouldn't she..er, he...be able to have perfectly clear, beautiful skin. After all, he's God. I couldn't read the the details so I don't know everything God keeps in his makeup bag but thank God (hee hee) there were pictures because I can tell you that God likes pink metallic nail polish. Are the fashion magazines so hard up for consumers that they're targeting the God-fearing Christians in hopes of finding a new demographic to sell their beauty tips and fashion musts-haves to? Who knows? Maybe the May issue will feature a swimsuit spread with a very different look.

No comments: