Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pleading the First


I realize that, as a blogger, what I write is out there on the internet for anyone and everyone to read. I have no qualms with that, I want people to read what I have to say. I also want people to have an opinion on what I say. I welcome comments, criticism, outright disagreement. It comes with the territory.

I was recently confronted with face-to-face criticism about one of my blog posts. It was an older post so I honestly did not remember what exactly I had written but the criticism was fair and I accepted it as the confronter's opinion, although I disagreed with it. However, the conversation ended with my confronter telling me, in all seriousness, "don't do it again." The blog entry in question, I would like to clarify, had no reference to the plaintiff.


Well, sorry but, no. This is
my blog. My web log. So basically, my journal that just happens to be available for all to see. Anyone is free to dislike, disagree with, or argue any of my opinions. But there really is no one in the position to tell me what I may and may not write on my blog.

This is my blog. I write what I want. If you don't like it, go away.


Thank you and goodnight.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Yeah, I just reread that post, and I agree with you 100%. Obviously that woman doesn't understand the concept of blogging. And if she can't tolerate you being a little critical because you want and deserve a proper and professional education then who's the arrogant one now? Not to mention, like you said, it didn't even involve her. Ah, I hate the self-righteous.