Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Pics

This summer is all about the mini-vacation for Arbor Boy and myself. A few weeks ago, we took a long weekend and drove up to Framingham, Massachusetts (a place we affectionately nicknamed "strip mall hell") where Arbor Boy did a six month internship two years ago. We wanted to visit with the staff who are now our good friends and see the progress of the garden. On our drive there we encountered some traffic and on our drive home we encountered torrential downpours, but the days in between were relaxing and lovely. We ate a lot, drank a lot, and took some pretty pictures. I don't bother with the latin names of all the plants I photographed, I'll leave that to my hort geek boyfriend, but I can certainly find the names for anyone who is interested.

All of the following were taken at Garden In The Woods, part of the New England Wildflower Society.



A very tall magnolia



It was a good year for mountain laurel, we saw it everywhere.



wandflower, I love the shine on the leaves.



These white flowers were so small and delicate, I was sure they would never photograph.





succulents in the Tufa Rock Garden



Tufa Rock Garden


Prickly Pear Cactus

A few more mini-vacations are in the works, I hope to have other pictures to share in the coming weeks.

No comments: