Thursday, March 6, 2008

Save the Music


I was sitting here running through my morning routine of checking email, weather and the requisite blog sites on my trusty old Dell when a post on Perez Hilton caught my eye. Now let me make it clear, I don't think that the Cuban Hilton's word is law, most of his commentary is uneducated (or at the very least, biased) fluff and some is downright naive. This particular posting falls into the latter category. Most people have probably heard by now that Patrick Swayze is suffering from pancreatic cancer. The reports vary, some give him five weeks to live while others claim it was caught early and the prognosis is optimistic. But I digress. Senor Hilton has magnanimously decided to encourage everyone to purchase She's Like The Wind from itunes, in hopes that it will climb to the number one spot. He thinks it would "be a nice gesture". Yes, I couldn't agree more. When someone is suffering from a critical illness the best medicine is giving a mediocre song recorded over two decades ago the chance to sit at number one. On itunes. I'm sure Patrick is feeling better already. Good idea, Perez.

No comments: